The CLEDs , modernization of LED technology
The CLED lighting is a group of chemical items mounted on a small support and linked to a small heatsink precisely dimensioned.
CLED can operate in either AC or DC Direct (with Meanwell drivers). The technical choices will be based on the technical environment in which will be installed the lamp.
The energy costs are constantly increasing.
To adopt the CLED technology today shows a willingness to tackle immediately, rather than too late, energy consumption problems.
CLEDIANCE offers the most advanced and effective lighting technology in terms of economy that currently exists on the market.
CLEDIANCE’s CLED is THE most ecological solution and its implementation achieves real savings in the long term.
Why is CLED different ?
CLED differs insofar as the LEDs are essentially very small blisters coated with epoxy and bonded by a very complex and fragile electronics.
CLEDs color is always the same in each batch (Binning : grouping of several pixels of a matrix).
CLED contain no mercury and is RoHS standards to meet EU directives on toxic chemicals.
CLED : its Key Benefits
Reduction of energy consumption
– The CLEDs lighting systems allow for savings of 75% to 90 % on electricity consumption
– Fewer fixtures are required, therefore more savings.
– Rapid amortization of the project.
– The CLED lighting generates less heat than other types of lighting thus significantly reducing costs HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning )
The most Eco Lighting Solution
Ecological product must be considered as a whole taking into account its production, its transportation, its consumption, maintenance and recycling.
– CLED contain no mercury and are toxic neither for the environment nor for the users.
– Less aluminium used in manufacturing because the heat sinks are smaller.
– Your source of supply is close to your area of use.
– The CLEDs are the brightest on the market for their performance per watt consumed.
– The CLEDs have a beam angle without large dark spot or shadow.
– The CLEDs have a very large luminous efficacy up to 110 lumens / watt.
– Instant start.
– Doesn’t flicker
– Zero UV emission
Beneficial health effects
The CLEDs lights are used to relieve the effects of TS (Seasonal Disorders) by increasing serotonin levels, which has been proven by improving the health of employees and students (Havas & Hutchinson, 2008).
This results in healthier employees and more productive, people get sick less often.
Replacement and Maintenance
The CLEDs need very little maintenance over their lifetime compared to other lighting systems that require maintenance and ballast replacements.
CLED’s installation is a simple procedure and can be performed quickly by a technician.
The CLEDs can be installed in existing enclosures and therefore reduce the cost of installation.
CLED! A Green Solution?
The Fluorescent tubes (FT)
– FT contain mercury, releasing neurotoxic fumes in case of breakage.
– The FT cannot be recycled and must be crushed. With a risk of contamination of the water system if the waste is not properly treated.
– The maximum economy for replacing fluorescent tubes is from 50% to 60%.
– The FT is a short-term solution with a lifetime of 20,000 hours. ( 2.5 times less than CLED ).
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs.
– Contain Mercury.
– It is proven that it generates health problems.
– UV radiation – cancer.
– Electromagnetic radiation – interference.
– Electricity radiation “dirty” (EMI) – a lot of health problems.
HID (High Intensity Light)
Are included HPS bulbs (Sodium Lamp ) , MV ( Mercury Vapour ) and MH (halogen).
– Not ecological because of the gas they enclose.
– Contain mercury.
– Cannot be recycle.
– Old technology from the 70’S
– Hight energy consumtion.
– Very high HVAC (Central Heating Ventilation and Air-Conditioning Systems) costs due to the level of heat emitted.
– LEDs are significantly more environmentally friendly than other lighting systems.
– Very large aluminium heat sinks are required.
– A larger number of LED units are required to have the same brightness as the FT.
– A larger number of units to be installed translates into higher costs.
TF and CF
– Ballasts in FT cause humming and flickering and can cause headaches and migraines.
– Cause health problems Migraines, Eye strain, Problems sleeping, due to melatonin suppression, Symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder or depression, Endocrine disruption and poor immune systems Female hormonal/menstrual cycle disruption, Increases in breast cancer rates and tumour formation, Stress/Anxiety, due to cortisol suppression.
– The lighting angle is limited to 110 °
– The equipment is bulky and difficult to adjust during installation.
– The level of lumens degrades rapidly resulting in a decrease in brightness. This implies their replacement before the end of the due life.
– Short lifetime from 15 000 to 20 000 hours max.
– Halogen lights have a yellowish – orange colour.
– The lights go off when there is a voltage drop.
– May take up to 5 minutes to reach full brightness.
– Must be completely cooled before switching on again.
– Only 50 % of the energy is converted into light, the rest is dissipated as heat.
– Inefficient energy consumption with high heat dispersion.
– A large number of LED units is necessary to obtain the same level of brightness as FT and CF.
– Buildings are often under-equipped for the sake of high cost of providing.
– Microchips , media and diodes are sensitive to voltage fluctuations and heat.
– No beneficial health effects unlike CLED.
Frequent replacement and maintenance
All lighting systems mentioned, with the exception of LEDs, require frequent replacement and maintenance.
The cost of maintenance can increase rapidly when replacing the lighting at different times and often requires specialized hardware to achieve mounted luminaires height.
For LEDs as CLEDs the maintenance is minimal. Beside the important problem of the fragility of the electronics in LEDs that there is not in CLEDs
Replacement costs and maintenance are extremely minimal for CLEDs